HKGalden時事臺
發表文章發起投票
"支那人喺香港進行種族清洗事跡"英文版, 歡迎各巴打轉貼去外國論壇
話說前幾日我睇到原post, 加埋d 圖片, 睇睇下真係覺得好心酸,
有巴打建議翻譯做英文, 再轉貼去外國論壇, 俾全世界o既人都了解到呢件事,
我就翻譯左la, 而家有勞各位巴打轉貼 記得轉貼埋d 圖

"Don't repeat our mistakes - words from a HongKoner"

I am a twenty-one-year-old, year three student from the department of Journalism and Communication. I am a HongKonger.

I like Taiwan very much since I was a child. I like watching Taiwanese drama and listening to Taiwanese music.

After seeing the anti-Cross-Strait Service Trade Agreement (CSSTA), I feel sorry if I don’t say something. I hope you all can understand why so many Hongkongers want to immigrate to Taiwan these few years, why we don’t want Taiwan to be the next Hong Kong, why you need to stand out when you still can.

Before 2011 ( the time I start studying in University), many issues are already happened and some conflicts are raised in the society, including the opposition of demolishing the local historic Star Ferry Pier and Queen’s pier, constructing high-speed Hong Kong-mainland rail connection with extremely high price ( also demolishing some villages inconsiderately in the project) and so on.

In recent years, there are even more conflicts because of the Mainland-Hong Kong contradiction and I can’t even find a word to describe this situation.
With regard to people’s livelihood, there are more and more Mainland visitors in Hong Kong. Hong Kong itself is already crowded that its population density is ten times of Taiwan’s. There are so many problems derived from Mainland visitors. First of all, they occupy lots of transport services.

They have problems with hygiene and attitude which make Hongkongers feel uncomfortable.

They become grey goods traders and Hong Kong suffered a baby formula shortage.

Mainland couples come to Hong Kong to give birth to their babies with the purpose of getting a Hong Kong identity card and as a result, beds in hospitals are in short supply and babies are at risk.
("babies born in Hong Kong whose parents are mainlanders" increasing to 36.9% in 10 years, and many of them are having education allowances)

(Chinese tourists increased 500% in 10 years)

From the perspective of economy, Mainlanders are rich and powerful. Apart from having a filthy rich face, they also intensify the wealth gap between the rich and the poor in Hong Kong. Chinese-funded companies are stronger and stronger that the local small medium enterprises cannot stay at all. Now, you can see no unique small shops in Hong Kong. Only chain stores and big enterprises can be found. Same problem is found in property market. Many mainlanders speculate in Hong Kong’s property market or buy the property but not really living there. The property price rises so that many university graduates cannot afford to buy a flat and many low-income families have to live in cubicles (around 4 to 5 square meters size).
From the perspective of education, the recent hot-debated anti-national education movement that is the Government requests the schools to set up ‘Moral and National Education’ curriculum. The predetermined teaching materials are very biased and order students to be blindly loyal to the country. This is a brain-washing act undoubtedly.
Besides, Hong Kong Government wants to pass the Basic Law Article 23 all the time. It is a ‘National Security Law’ in Mainland. You would be charged with treason or sedition under this law.

These are only tip of an iceberg.
There are even more cases. For example, the Ming Pao ( a newspaper in Hong Kong) ‘s former chief editor stabbed and in critical condition recently, which threatens the freedom of press, HKTV cannot get the license, the Government proposed to develop north-east new territories and so on. That’s so many. I cannot explain one by one to you all. If you are interested in these issues, just GOOGLE them.

These years, the mainland-Hong Kong contradiction I have seen makes me feel unfamiliar with this upbringing, lovable place. With the attack of money and population of the Mainland, there are no places for the tiny Hong Kong. To integrate Hong Kong and the Mainland, Hong Kong is losing its identity continuously. Our core values, which we always believe in, such as freedom, rule of law, are losing and are in stake.
Hongkongers are more separate. Some are under so much pressure and become aggressive and even radical. Some insist on academic theories but turns out to be scolded for just prattling. Some use the old way to fight for democracy but are criticized for being traitors to Hong Kong. Sometimes, I don’t know what is right or wrong. The only thing I know is that I am distressed but I am so powerless to give a help.
I participate in social movement. Although I am not the radical frontline member, I have seen many people. I know that giving up or being persuaded is so easy and I know that being persistent is extremely difficult. People are busy with everyday work, without time to have their meals, so how can they talk about freedom?
What the Government has are resources that they can have a lengthy battle with you. Hongkongers are so forgetful and realistic. We always cannot fight against the biggest enemy in our heart.
Hong Kong is nearly fallen. We are now lingering on the edge. We are dying. I don’t know much about the situation in Taiwan as in Hong Kong. I just feel like the situation in Hong Kong is likely to be repeated in Taiwan. I am very scared. I hope Taiwan can keep those values which are believed by most of the Hongkongers but are going to disappear. I don’t want those enthusiastic Taiwanese I met before to become those extreme Hongkongers. I don’t want those shops with warmth and dream to become those cold-blooded, heartless chain stores. I don’t want the democratic Taiwan to have a fortune which the Government plays the citizens but the citizens are unable to revolt, just like Hong Kong.

‘Today you don’t stand out, tomorrow you can’t stand out.’
This is what I want to share to all Taiwanese. We share common interest and same fate. Let us encourage each other in our endeavors.
If you think my article is useful, please feel free to forward. It is only a little voice from an ordinary Hongkonger. But I just want to tell the Taiwanese that how important is your step now.
Good15Bad0
2014/04/05, 1:59:27 下午
本貼文共有 0 個回覆
此貼文已鎖,將不接受回覆
發表文章發起投票